Strawberry Basil Ricotta’kopitas
A pretty simple and fun recipe featuring Nelson Olive Oil Co Basil Infused Olive Oil and Strawberry Balsamic. Brushing the phyllo pastry with olive oil is a much healthier option than butter and also adds great flavour. These are great as an appetizer or snack, sprinkle some icing sugar on top and even pass it off as dessert!
CLICK IMAGE BELOW FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL!
Ingredients1/4 c NOOC Strawberry Dark Balsamic + some for drizzling
1/2-3/4 c NOOC Basil Infused Olive Oil
475g ricotta cheese
1 pkg phyllo pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Whisk together all filling ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Lay out one sheet of phyllo and brush lightly all over with basil olive oil. Add another sheet of phyllo on top and do the same. Slice the pastry into 5 equal strips (about 3" wide).
- place a dollop (about 1.5 tbsp) of filling on the end nearest you on one strip of phyllo. Fold corner over mixture to make a triangle, then continue folding until phyllo strip is completely folded over ricotta mixture. (**click image above for the video tutorial). Repeat until all filling and all phyllo is used.
- Bake for about 18 mins, until golden brown
- Drizzle a little more strawberry balsamic on top, serve warm!